All posts by Sierra Rivas

January 21st, 2017

All of the field objects were built! All of the metal is cut for the chassis. The electrical component board is finished. A GUI layout and flowchart is in progress for the scouting app. We are working on a shelving project to make more room for parts as well.

January 17th, 2017

Today we focused on prototypes and the chassis layout. The new shooter has been finished and works great! With prototype dimensions we were able to make a rough layout for the chassis.  We will use the layout to put the robot in a CAD program. Today we also make a new safety contract that the entire team must understand and sign.

January 12th, 2017

 

We have broken down basic tasks that need to be done during build season.

Today we continue with prototypes! Electrical plans to make a Prototype Board to make testing prototypes easier. The climber prototype has been started, the shooter has been finished and tested. The shooter doesn’t work too well, so we plan to make a new one. We got paracord to experiment with different rope possibilities.

January 10th, 2017

Image result for steampunk light bulb

Today we finished discussing the designs for the robot and we have the final ideas!

Chassis: Chassis B- 30″ x 32″ x 36″

Drive Train: 6″ mecanum wheels

Holding Fuel: Ball hopper on top of the robot that can dump balls in low boiler

Collecting Fuel: Conveyor system lifts balls and feeds hopper

Shooting Fuel: Two flywheels push balls down a pipe that can aim for high and low boiler

Collecting Gears: Stationary bucket will collect and deliver gears

Climbing: Pipe with multiple with hooks will spin until it grabs a loop at the end of the rope

We were able to start and  finish the gear bucket prototype and we started up the shooter prototype!

January 9th, 2017

Discussing Ideas

Today we broke off into small groups to talk about how the bot will work with our strategy. Each group talked about a different part of a robot for collecting fuel, shooting fuel, collecting gears, and climbing. We then got into one large group where we discussed how the design works, and opinions on each design.

January 19th, 2017

Today we finished putting the robot in inventor! We now have dimensions for cutting metal for the chassis. We are almost done with making the field for testing the bot. We are making an electrical component board that can be put on the bot. We are also planning on making an app for a phone to make scouting easier. It will replace having to write notes by hand, making the process faster and easier.