We’re back on a long week in off-season, still preparing for Gateway on Saturday. As our build team put on the finishing touches of the drive trains, our electrical team deconstructed various electrical components in order to give the freshmen a better understanding of the structure and function of the components. Our pit team is being instructed about their duties at Gateway. In webpage, we finally got our website up and functioning. Furthermore, we’ve updated our heading bar so that companies looking to sponsor us can quickly see our funding options.
We’re one meeting closer to build season!
Tonight, we’re launching our off-season campaign to renovate our robot for the 2016 First Robotics Challenge. Our electrical team is rewiring the drive motors on last year’s bot and instructing the new freshmen on wiring techniques. The build team is fixing the gearboxes, the motors, and repairing the frontal arm of the robot. The new Freshmen in programming team are successfully learning to code functions in Python. We’re looking forward to an auspicious off-season and, looking forward to next year, a successful build season!
Friday and Saturday were very eventful for us. Our robot did not perform perfectly, but when does it ever? We ended up having to disable the shooter as it did not perform, and the climber was not ever mounted. Our huge drive wheels were advantageous in driving over obstacles easily, so that is what we focused on. Eventually we ended up ranking well, after jumping up and down on the scoreboard.
We ended the qualifiers in 6th place, so we got to be an alliance leader! After a great job done by the scouts, we picked teams 1706 and 3397. A valiant game was given by the drive team, and we made it all the way to the Semi-finals, but lost there. We’d like to thank everyone for their efforts this build season, and our alliance-mates for their teamwork!
There will be a meeting tonight. Please have your competition forms filled out from the email. The other two forms are the forms that each team member attending competition will need to have filled out prior to attending competition. Please look over the forms carefully to ensure all required information is provided.
In addition, we need to finalize the pit schedule as well. Anyone that comes will have something to do, so please try to be there. This is possibly the last meeting before competition and we need all the info and the work done so we can do great at competitions!
Tonight, we finally bagged our robot! After a harrowing quest to get the PVC climbing arm in place on the robot, in addition to working restlessly on our shooting mechanism, and finishing the wiring and programming, we’ve finally come to a finish on Operation Ravenhold. We would like to thank all the students and especially the mentors involved in our project. Finally, congratulations to Alex (Warhoover) , Alex (Wise), and Alex (Jones), the sole three members this year who have been coming to Robotics meetings from freshman to senior year!
Today marks the ending of our last full week of the Build Season! Only three more days of work remain!
- Programming finished the teleop code.
- Sabermetrics (subgroup of programming) has been working on a statistic generation program to help us get allies.
- Build and Field team have been working on a Robotcart, as well as organizing and cleaning up the tool cart and supply closet.
- Business worked on and finished a Safety Contract.
- In Electrical Team, all the motors have been wired, save for Dylan’s arm
- Mechanical has continued to work on the PVC pipe arm in order to scale the tower at the end of games
Tonight at Raven Robotics, we’ve all got a great deal of work on the robot accomplished.
- Electrical Team has shifted the positions of the wire in such a way to allow for a second raceway to fit on the bottom of the track
- Electrical Team has also entirely wired the drive train
- Mechanical Team has finished the wench system to allow the PVC arm to work
- In addition, the Mechanical Team has ensured the PVC arm is fully functional
- The Saber-metric Team has refined the team-determining algorithms
- Business Team has updated and tweaked the Judge award scripts
- Programming Team has continued to integrate the code to this year’s robot
- Web team has added a new member and now will discuss the events of week-day meetings
The FHSD has just announced that all after school activities are cancelled for tonight. Tonight was scheduled as a replacement for tomorrow, due to Open House at FHC on Thursday.
Our next meeting will be Saturday 8 -4 . Next week we will schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.